The Amazon Rainforest is the largest and most biodiverse tract of tropical rainforest on earth. It represents half of the planet’s remaining rainforest, and is home to half of all our plant and animal species – many of these unique to the Amazon. The diverse ecosystem contains priceless and essential resources for human existence and longevity, and is a vital world treasure that must be protected and proactively sustained.
The Amazon Rainforest produces approximately 20% of the earth’s oxygen while absorbing millions of tons of CO2 emissions created from worldwide industrialization, transportation, and energy needs to support an ever-growing global population. The Amazon also help regulates our rainfall and the fragile balance of our biosphere. Yet alarmingly, one-tenth of all trees in the Amazon have been logged in our lifetime, contributing to climate change and a warming planet.
Founded in 1985, YERBALATINA projects itself as an innovator of technology solutions and ingredients from the Brazilian flora.
The company aims at the integration of phyto- Assets from the flora and its applications in the vast universe of functional products , food, beverages , cosmetics and natural medicines .
YERBALATINA PHYTOACTIVES, Innovates, develops, manufactures and markets new generations of ingredients FITOATIVOS .
Our extensive experience with the biodiversity of the Brazilian Flora applying science and technology in these natural resources, transforming Natural Raw Materials in High Performance Ingredients .
PROVIDE SOLUTIONS PHYTONUTRIENTS
TO BE IN REFERENCE IN SOLUTIONS AND INNOVATION IN NATURAL ACTIVES FROM BRAZILIAN FLORA .
RESPECT THE HUMAN BEING
Through its unique and exclusive partnership, Yerbalatina has joined EBCF and Amazonian Alliance for the efforts to promote our Global Sustainability Program called WE ARE AMAZONIANS, thus ensuring:Amazon Rainforest Conservation; Biodiversity Protection; Sustainable Development of Local Villages; CO2 Emissions Reduction.
The most important premisses:
1. Implementation of Yerbalatina Global Sustainability Program
2. Conservation of 35.000 (thirty five thousand) acres in the FIRST SUSTAINABLE RESERVE EVER CREATED IN THE AMAZON RAINFOREST HISTORY, called “AMAZON RIO I”, located in the Municipality of Manicoré, State of Amazonas, Brazil. (100 million trees protected);
3. Biodiversity protection in an area that is home to over 500 rare species, including native flora and fauna endangered facing extinction;
4. Protection of surrounding waterways and rivers of enormous relevance to our planet;
5. Support for the sustainable development of 15 riverside communities, benefiting over 3000 people with implementation of social projects in the areas of education, health, income-generation and infra-structure;
6. Reduction of 3 million tons of CO2;
7. Creation and management of 10 million acres of NEW PROTECTED SUSTAINABLE RESERVES in the Amazon Rainforest to support and benefit 30.000 local people and reduce approximately 50 million tons of CO2;
8.Sustainable Harvesting of Non-Timber forest products, raw materials and ingredients for the cosmetic, food, beverage, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries;
9. Corporate Social Responsibility “CSR”.
Resident populations in the Amazon Rio I reserve are known as caboclas and are divided into fifteen communities: Urucury, Água Azul, Vista Alegre, Boa Esperança, Santa Eva, Santa Maria, Pandegal, Democracia, Jatuarana, Terra Preta do Ramal, Kamayuá, São José do Miriti, São João, Ponta Grossa, Terra Preta do Rio Manicoré and Mocambo.
With the support of Yerbalatina and every member of “We Are Amazonians” we are able to continue our work on existing and future projects. Check out the ones we’re working on now:
PWe bring pure, drinking water to all of the communities that still depend on the Amazon river and its tributaries for all of their sustenance. Through this project we improve the living standards for everyone in the communities as well as help to reduce the spread of a range of diseases.
We enable and equip local community members to go out and conduct screenings and basic health check-ups in the most distant communities and with the most hard-to-reach peoples. This helps to establish family care and accountability and increases the likelihood of identifying health issues earlier – as locals are much less likely to go far out of their way to get screened without any symptoms.
We cultivate empowering women, as the family core, in 4 stages:
1 IIdentify the individual potential of each mother
2 Promote self-awareness
4 Creating Income